Objectives


1: Lose 100lbs. by December 31, 2017


2: Walk continuously for 30 minutes without being completely out of breath or having to sit down by December 31, 2017





Day Sixteen Monday, January 16, 2017

Today I started the day with exercise, a trip down and back up the stairs. It's crazy, I was sound asleep and thought I heard someone and a bunch of stuff fall down the stairs or in the basement. Instantly, I jumped up out of bed, got dressed and rushed to the stairs to check on my mom. When she didn't answer I was afraid she was hurt too bad to answer. I was so thankful when I got to the bottom of the stairs and she was sound asleep. I turned around and headed back of the stairs, something I could not have done a month ago. For me, that was an amazing thing. When I got back upstairs, I got my Pepsi, and took the dog outside to do his business. While I was sitting on the patio, enjoying my Pepsi and my cigarette, I realized that I had went down the stairs and back up with barely any effort, pure adrenaline. It's amazing what we can do when we aren't focused on the obstacles. I also realized that despite the fact that I physically hurt, when it comes to my family, I would do everything in my power to take care and protect them.

I didn't have breakfast, other than that 12oz. can of Pepsi, but I did take my morning dose of Apple Cider Vinegar. I ended up waiting for about an hour or so for my mother to be making a little noise in the basement before I went down to visit with her. I took a bottle of spring water down with me since I planned on staying down there for a little while. When I told her about coming down there I told her I was sorry for being so paranoid but at least she could know she was loved. I would imagine at this point she probably thinks I am totally crazy. I don't want to bother her but I worry about her being down there by herself and us not being able to hear her if she needs us. She has a phone but what if it is out of reach?

After my visit with my mother I drank another bottle of spring water and took another dose of Apple Cider Vinegar. I spent a little time writing and talking to my husband while he was making the burgers. For lunch, I had two small cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato, and onion. I also had a small serving of cottage cheese seasoned with Mrs. Dash, which seems to be my latest favorite. My hubby made the burgers and I didn't want to hurt his feelings but two burgers was way too much for me and my plan. I drank spring water with my lunch.

After lunch, I went back down to the basement to spend some time with my mom. I didn't stay down there very long, I figured my mom might need a little rest and I should spend a little time with my husband before he had to go to work. After my hubby went to work I decided I needed to take a little nap in the recliner, since I planned it, I didn't get to sleep at all. I was a little irritable throughout the day due to some financial stresses and other family problems so I decided this was going to be a 3 day, meaning today I was having my 3 12oz. cans of Pepsi that I had allowed myself. I don't really know what triggered me to feel the need for the extra Pepsi, I have been doing well to only drink 2 a day. I ended up back downstairs with my mom after trying to rest unsuccessfully for 2 hours. Fortunately, my mom was able to rest a little during that time.


For supper, I had a bowl of ramen noodles and a bottle of spring water. I have been drinking a lot of water. I hadn't really thought about the amount of liquid I take in every day but it is very noticeable when I am writing about it. I have also realized that I am learning a lot about myself and my self-esteem issues while working to meet these objectives. After supper, I went down to spend time with my mom again and this time my youngest daughter joined us. While we were down there I decided to work out with the weights a little. I just worked on my arms a little. It wasn't an official exercise session but I feel it is a good place to start. I would like to continue to work that in a little at a time as I progress. After my exercise session, I decided to have that third 12oz can of Pepsi and a few chips while watching television. I made it a point to only have one serving of chips. I cannot take the bag to the chair or I will eat without thinking and may end up with half the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment