Objectives


1: Lose 100lbs. by December 31, 2017


2: Walk continuously for 30 minutes without being completely out of breath or having to sit down by December 31, 2017





Day Fifteen Sunday, January 15, 2017

Well, we finally got our ice storm and it really wasn't bad. We were blessed to just catch the edge of the storm so I am thankful. I started the morning off with my usual 12oz. can of Pepsi but I when I finished it I still felt like I wanted I a Pepsi. I also started the morning with a headache. After drinking my pop, I took my dose of Apple Cider Vinegar and headed to the garage to smoke with my mother. I definitely did not want her climbing those stairs today but I also didn't want her to feel secluded. It's hard to believe it has been almost a year since Grandma passed and mom came to live in the basement.

Around 2pm I took my second dose of Apple Cider Vinegar right before lunch. I had a small pan seared pork chop, a small spoonful of chicken flavored rice topped with broccoli in cream of chicken soup and a 1/2 cup serving of cottage cheese with seasoning on top. I had spring water with lunch and about 3oz of Cherry Pepsi right after lunch in the hopes it would help with my headache and the craving for more Pepsi. I don't know why it was so bad today. Having the Cherry Pepsi did seem to help the headache and ease the craving a little.

I decided to make my "poor mans soup" for supper. This soup was made with a left over pork chop cut into small pieces, split peas, lentils, barley, a little bacon grease, diced celery, a small onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, diced broccoli, rosemary, basil, dill, turmeric, mustard seed, cayenne pepper, smoked salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, chicken stock, and about 2Tbsp. of butter. It looks really nasty but it tastes really good. We decided that next time we make it we will have to make some corn bread too. After prepping all of the vegetables and getting the soup put on the stove I went back down to the garage to spend some time with my mom. While I was down there I found a few things in the garage I had been looking for but couldn't find over the last year.

Supper was ready around 6pm and I took my third dose of Apple Cider Vinegar just before dishing up the bowls. I had one bowl and 7 saltine crackers. For some reason I had it in my head that 7 of them was a serving but I later discovered that 5 was a serving so I had a little more than a serving. I don't feel that the crackers are going to hurt my progress much. However, after supper, my hubby and my youngest went to McDonald's and brought back dessert. I had a small ice cream sundae and I have to admit it was really yummy. We all gathered in the garage with our dessert so we could eat with my mom. It's funny, since we have lived in this house I don't think we have ever spent this much time in the basement and we never thought we would gather in the garage for dessert.

After dessert, we spent some extra time playing around with my hubby's weight set. He was trying to teach me the proper way to use the hand weights to build muscle in my arms, etc. It was funny because when he was doing curls, he made it look so easy. Then, he handed them to me and I couldn't hardly pick them up. My youngest daughter was able to lift them fairly easily. I can't believe how much she has grown. It is nice to see all of the family coming together and working toward a healthier lifestyle. I have to admit, that is one of my biggest motivators to continue.

After our time in the basement, I sat down in the recliner and crashed. I didn't even know I was tired but maybe it was all the stair climbing I have been doing. When I woke up I got a 12oz can of Pepsi and headed to the basement for one last time for the evening. Again, we spent time playing with the weights. My mom even did a little lifting, as well. To be perfectly honest, it wasn't my usual workout or diet plan but it sure was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment